It’s time for a new model
for organizational development.
My approach is based on the metaphor of complex adaptive systems in nature. That’s just a fancy way to say that I help teams look at how power, communication, cooperation, and information are shared within flexible and fluid relationships that adapt to changing conditions. This is very different than simply getting people in separate boxes on the organizational chart to like each other.
A direct, honest and kind environment where people share information, invite collaboration, and have authority keeps organizations from becoming mired in policy and bureaucracy. When people develop genuine knowledge of and appreciation for each other’s strengths and style, conflict dissolves and collaboration emerges.
Discover how to help your team or organization evolve.
Training and Professional Development
Fortunately, the skills and dispositions needed to create a culture that fosters success can be learned. I enjoy delivering effective and meaningful professional development in areas such as:
- Immunity-to-Change™ workshops
- Shared leadership and decision-making
- Positive organizational culture
- Authentic communication
- Diversity and equity
- Mission and Vision
- Strategic planning
- Experiential learning
- Professional Learning Communities
- Leadership development
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strengths-based teaming
I’ve had the privilege to engage with clients in diverse settings nationwide.
Please view my complete client list.
Partial list of national organizations, nonprofits, businesses and universities:
- Carroll University
- Child Care Aware of Missouri
- Council for Exceptional Children – Division for Early Childhood
- EdTech Leaders Online, a Division of Education Development Center, Inc.
- Esperanza Unida
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD)
- New Vision Wilderness
- Penfield Children’s Center
- Post-Polio Resource Group of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Safe Harbor
- Student Conservation Association
- Urban Ecology Center
- UW-Madison Student Leader Association
- UW-Milwaukee Center for New and Professional Educators
- UW-Milwaukee Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters
Districts, Schools, and School Boards
In addition to co-founding Transition High School and The Alliance School, I’ve worked with over twenty public K12 institutions across Wisconsin and in Alaska. I work with public school Governance Councils, school staff, District School Boards, District Senior Administration Teams, and more. See my complete client list and learn about my work with public charter schools.